January 2020 Healing Hearts Trip Update
On the closing days of the year of the Pig, Bach Mai Hospital (BMH) collaborated with Healing Hearts Vietnam (HHV) to organize a series of special meaningful activities, including:
- Hands-on training on cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Lectures on cardiology diseases were held for BMH staff and trainees by US experts from HHV.
- Screening for cardiovascular diseases for nearly 300 students and teachers of Xa Dan Primary School, a special school with many congenitally deaf and dumb students.
- Nearly 700 people including family members of BMH patients were screened for cardiac diseases and diabetes.
- On this special occasion, BMH and HHV signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enhance cooperative activities in the future.
Stories of Lives Changed
Four-year-old Diem received life-saving heart surgery, and today she is strong enough to play with other children.
When Loc and her husband heard her surgery costs would be covered, they both cried tears of joy for this new chance at life. Following surgery in late January 2016, Loc is now feeling well and will have the chance to live many, many more years.
Cuong was four years old when a gift from Healing Hearts Vietnam changed his life. Following an interventional surgery, he is now vibrant and all smiles!